Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year Guide to Fun Stuff and Discounts Edition

I resolve to ride this year.  I've already logged 8 hours horse back for the year, and I only have two more until I reach 500 hours since I started tracking my saddle time 8-20-10.  I hope to log another 500 this year.  What are your riding plans for the new year?   

Fun things for 2012

AQHA is now offering a trail challenge.  I hope to make it to one this year.  Anyone on a Quarter horse would have the chance to earn Trail Challenge Merits to be put on the horse's permanent AQHA record.  

Another great trail riding opportunity can be found with the American Competitive Trail Horse Association.  I have been a member of this organization for the last 2 years and I have to say that it is a ton of fun, and something riders of all ages and levels can enjoy.  I'm actually going to my first ride of the year next Saturday, and I can't wait.   http://www.actha.us/home

The Extreme Cowboy Race looks like a ton of fun, I have yet to try it but I intend to try it one of these days soon.  http://extremecowboyassociation.com/

Savings for the New Year

On a savings note for 2012, there is a wonderful company about to debut coupons and discounts on the horse products from big national brands and companies, but also savings and coupons from local veterinarians, farriers, trainers, instructors, and more.  I recommend signing up for specials offers now, and sharing the news with local businesses where you would like to see coupons and discounts.   

Talking about coupons.  If you sign up with Purina rewards you get quarterly coupons on horse feed.  They also send out coupons for chicken feed, so if you have other animals besides horses sign them up too.  Be sure to sign up your husband or kids as well because they will send out coupons to 2 people per household. 

Farnam also has some great coupon offers on a regular basis on all the products you use the most.  http://www.farnamhorse.com/coupons.php

No comments:

Post a Comment