Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The sure fire time saving short cut you must know

The sure fire time saving short cut you must know is- "Do it right the first time, and don't take short cuts."

I had my own little short cut opportunity today when it came to blanketing the horses.  I usually blanket my horses loose in the pasture but Mozzie has only been blanketed a few times and always on the halter.  Since it is so dang cold I had carried the feed and blankets out together to save an extra trip.  When I started to pick up Mozzie's blanket off the ground I noticed that he was not super comfortable with it moving.  

So I was faced with two options:  Throw the blanket on him and hope I can get it strapped on, or walk back to the barn for his halter.  I choose to go get the halter.  Once haltered he took it like a champ and we had a quick and positive interaction.  

Had I chosen to try to blanket him without his halter there is a 99% chance that he would have spooked and I would have had to go get the halter anyway, and spend time desensitizing him to his blanket again.  


1 comment:

  1. Yet another example of one of my favorite sayings: if you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?

    ReplyDelete