Monday, July 2, 2012

Bits and Bitting Part 1- One of these pictures is not like the others

For the last few years my Mother and I have done a biting presentation as a part of many of our clinics.  This month I will adapting our presentation into multiple blog posts. Today we start by gaining some perspective about how bits affect our horses.



At first glance what do you think this horse is thinking?


now



What do you think this horse is thinking?


now


What do you think this horse is thinking?


Answers:

Horse 1: "OMG! THERE IS A LION ON MY BACK, I'M GONNA DIE!"

Horse 2: "OMG! I CAN'T ESCAPE THIS BIT, I CAN NEVER ESCAPE THIS BIT!  WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS!"

Horse 3:  "Oh boy, What are we going to do today?"



Which horse do you think is focused in a positive way on his rider and is willing and ready to try and learn?





Stay tuned for tomorrow's post where we follow up by talking about bits in general and signs of resistance.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment